Thursday, April 4, 2013

I'm Making My List and Checking it Off!

I'm not sure what kind of alternate universe I ended up in, but I was in "The Zone" when I got home from work yesterday.  I attribute part of it to the fact that my little boy only napped for 45 minutes at daycare yesterday and needed a good long nap when he got home, but more importantly I will attribute my entrance into "The Zone" to the list that I wrote while sitting at my desk throughout the day.

I have always been a list maker of sorts - I always have a "to-do" list on my desk for work related projects and will make "honey-do" lists for my hubby.  I remember making lists in college and prioritizing papers and assignments based on the amount of time I needed for them and when they were due, but in recent years I had gotten away from making lists for myself.  Yesterday I had the realization that I used to be much more organized and that it was time to make a list!

Throughout the day, I jotted down random tasks that I wanted to complete - they were in no particular order.  I just wrote things as they came to mind.  All you fellow Mommies know how it is after the baby comes - "Mommy Brain" takes over and you can't remember what you did 15 seconds ago let alone what you need to get done in the evening!  Anyways... as the evening progressed, I was able to get the majority of my list done.  I was able to balance the checkbook, pay bills, order some books online, cook, process, and freeze fruit for my little boy, put away laundry, clean out my closet and purged a pile of clothes to go to donate. By the time I went to bed last night I felt more accomplished than I had in a long time and I slept so good! 

So here is it is ladies... Tip #3 to Help Juggle Work and Kids: List Making Makes Life Easier!

1 comment: