Friday, August 23, 2013

It's About Time!...

It has been quite some time since I have blogged.  Don't get me wrong - I have wanted to and thought about it on many occasions, but life has been throwing me curve balls since late April and I am finally feeling that I need some "blogging therapy" again!

I promise to get back to my modern day juggler tips and tricks soon, but today I think an update of what has been going on with me is best.

The last time I blogged was in May and let me tell you - a lot has been going on!  You may remember that in April/May my husband changed jobs and I was doing things "single-mom style" - well his shift changed. Now he works overnights.  This may sounds strange, but I love it!  Now my husband is home every morning to assist with the Morning-Madness Marathon and is home all evening to spend time with me and our not-so-little-anymore little boy.  Granted, I miss my husband at night but we manage. We are still trying to find the balance between being a Mom/Dad and being a Wife/Husband.  Its a hard transition and we are slowly getting there.

In other news, we celebrated our little man's first birthday in late July.  It was wonderful to have all of our family and friends around to celebrate with us.  We truly felt blessed to have so many people attend his party and wish him good things over the next year.

We also have been working on doing some planned and not-so-planned remodeling of our home.  A bathroom remodel has been in the works all summer but has not yet happened.  Hopefully soon!  I will be sure to discuss how that goes!  A patio was installed in our backyard and I hired a landscaper who turned out to be less than reputable.  I ended up spending many evenings working on returning my yard to its once normal state. As the seasons are beginning to change I decided to give up on getting the grass to grow again...Things will grow better in the spring.  The not-so-planned remodeling is due to a large hail storm that passed through our community a few weeks ago.  As it turns out we will be needing to replace our roof soon.  Oh the joys of being a homeowner!

To help keep my sanity through all of the crazy that this summer has brought I am very thankful to be part of a Mommy Group that my good friend at Vacuuming in Pearls started. We call ourselves "Moms Away!" and meet once a month to have a night off to have some much needed girl time.  Typically we do an activity and then have dinner.  This month the event has been entitled "Balls & Beers".  We will be playing mini-golf and then going to a local restaurant that is known for its wide selection of beer.  I always look forward to my evenings with those mommies.  We are all very different, but have babies that are fairly close in age so we all can relate to the ups and down of motherhood and since we are all first time parents it has been a great environment to share stories and tips.

Since I am on the subject of Moms Away... I am very pleased to announce that we will be welcoming a new member later this fall.  A very good friend of mine from graduate school will be welcoming her first baby in a couple of months.  I am elated for her and her husband. I have been planning a baby shower for her over the past few months and am very excited for it to take place tomorrow afternoon.  So please check back soon for an upcoming post that will contain a few tips and tricks on planning a baby shower on a working moms schedule!

All-in-all, we managed to survive this summer and our hoping, wishing, and praying that our karma improves heading into the fall/winter season!

Stay tuned for more tips and tricks from the Modern Day Juggler!

No comments:

Post a Comment