Thursday, May 2, 2013

Self-Proclaimed Queen of Leftovers

My family used to be the type that purchased frozen meals or those steam-in-the-bag microwave meals to have at lunch.  At the time, they were easy and seemed "somewhat" healthy.  I never really gave a lot of thought to it.  It was just something that we did.  In recent months I have outlawed those types of meals in my house!  They are loaded with salt and preservatives and to be honest they are expensive and I AM CHEAP!  In lieu of purchasing frozen meals, I began making larger quantities of food for dinner each night. Then while I'm cleaning things up, I divide the leftover food into lunch size portions and put the portions into individual containers in the fridge or freezer. 
I have begun referring to myself as the (self-proclaimed) Queen of Leftovers.  I know - it sounds silly, but I am! I love being able to look in my fridge in the morning while I'm packing my lunch and be able to have my pick of multiple meals that are already portioned into containers.  All I need to do is make a selection and put it in my lunch bag.  Between the frozen breakfast burritos I make ahead on the weekends and the huge stash of leftovers in my fridge I can put almost zero thought into my breakfast and lunch on weekdays and still have great meals.
So here it is ladies!  Tip #4 to Help Juggle Kids and Work: Leftovers are your friend! 

Here is a my new favorite recipe that reheats well and tastes amazing!  Its Taco-Tot Hotdish - a variation of Tator-Tot Hotdish. It's delicious!  I made this recipe once last week and again last night. It is addicting!



Stay tuned for more tips and tricks from The Modern Day Juggler!

No comments:

Post a Comment