Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Beginning of Something Great


Today starts a new chapter in my professional life. As of today, I am officially working full-time. Some of you might be thinking, "huh? I thought you did work full-time?". Well, in the scheme of things I did work full-time (i.e. 32 hours a week). A couple of weeks ago I was offered a full-time position in a neighboring jurisdiction and after a few days of thinking about it, I brought the information to my current employer and they decided to offer me full-time status. Of course I couldn't refuse! So today is my first official day as full-time.

To change things even more for the family, my husband accepted a new job and will be starting soon. His work hours will be drastically different. At his previous job he was working 12-hour rotating shifts bouncing back in forth between days and nights with every other weekend off. His new job will be Monday through Friday, with every weekend off, but the hours will be drastically different. He will be working from 3PM - 1AM. So during the week I will be a "single-mom" every evening, but we will have the ability to have family time every weekend! There are pros and cons to every job, and the pros definitely outweighed the cons on this one.

We are excited to start this new chapter in our life, but I think we are both a little scared too. Change can be scary thing. There are so many unknowns involved in changing, jobs and changing schedules. Will we like it? Will I be able to handle being a "single-mom" every evening? Will our baby be affected by having different hours to spend with his daddy? I'm sure it will take a little bit of time to get used to our new schedules, but we adjust and will cherish the time we get to spend together that much more!

Now that I will be a "single-mom" in the evenings during the week, I'm sure I will be acquiring a few new ways to juggle. I will be sure to share my tips and tricks as they emerge!

Check back soon for Tip #4 to Help Juggle Work and Kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment